Check back soon as we roll out our “Green Prinicples” in an effort to reduce our footprint and better our environment.
Best Green Practices
As planners we make an effort to source locally as much as feasible and support our
local farmers by;
- Purchasing Organic Foods
- Incorporating local farmers, producers into your menus and highlighting what we are serving
- Serve seasonal foods where possible
Green Best Green Practices that we try and implement where possible include;
- Donate left over items such as perishable food, linens, carpet or, building materials donations following events.
- Reuse Name Badges: utilizing renewable and recyclable badge stock
Storing and reusing show signage from year to year
- Ensure give-aways are made from recycled / non toxic products and are biodegradable
- Minimizing lights and not using air conditioning for set-up days
Marker boards instead of flip charts
- Turn off lights and AV equipment when not in use.
- Purchase food and beverage products in bulk where feasible
- Communicating electronically with our guests including confirmation emails and event evaluation surveys
- Renting plasma screens for some presentations that use less electricity than standard projectors
- Drive traffic to the website for surveys, event follow up & feedback, volunteer information, speaker information